The Telecom EasyCard is a service product jointly issued by the two major telecommunication providers (Chunghwa Telecom, and FarEasTone Telecom) in Taiwan. If you have an NFC compatible Android smartphone, you can go to any of their service points to ask for a SIM card with EasyCard function, and start using your phone for touch payments.
This service is available to anyone with an NFC compatible Android smartphone.
EasyCard application processes of the respective telecom providers:
- Chunghwa Telecom：http://www.cht.com.tw/portal/Location
- Far EasTone Telecom：https://ecare.fetnet.net/eServiceV3/storeSearchController/storeSearchPage.action
As the exact position of the NFC antenna varies from phone to phone, we recommend you verify the design of your phone on its official website. Alternatively, if there is an NFC icon on the back of your phone, that will be the optimal sensor area.
- You do not need to activate the app to use your Telecoms EasyCard. All you have to do is place your phone on the sensor to complete the transaction.
- Before using your Telecom EasyCard, please note the remaining balance on the app. You should top up your card before using it if the credit is insufficient.
- Telecom EasyCards are equivalent to registered EasyCards. To report a loss, you should contact our customer service at once on 412-8880 (add prefix 02 if you are calling from Kinmen or Matzu areas) to cancel the service. All damages that occur within three hours of the loss are borne by the cardholder. For details please visit our website and go to customer services – loss report at https://www.easycard.com.tw/customer.