Students who are over 12 years old and have a valid student status recognized by the Ministry of Education.
- Student card holders will be given a ride discount for 20 days starting the date when on the Taipei-New Taipei City-Keelung City bus systems (after that, deductions based on the Adult card rate will automatically start)
- To avoid the impact on the ride discount and the report of the loss, the cardholder should apply for the registration within 5 days from the date of purchase, so as to complete identity verification and registration. You can apply through the EasyCard Corporation’s registration application website, EasyCard app “Easy Wallet,” or provide a photocopy of relevant documentation to the EasyCard Customer Service Center to get an application form for registration.
- After receiving the approval message via SMS, the cardholder should go to the designated place to set the student discount period to continue to enjoy the bus fare discount. Designated sites: four major convenience stores, information centers at Taipei Metro stations, EasyCard add-value machines or the EasyCard Corporation’s Customer Service Center.
The issuing date and related application rules of the cards produced from cooperative programs with government agencies and schools are subject to the formal proclamation by county/city governments and schools.
- If the registered Student card is lost, stolen, robbed, swindled or is possessed by any third party other than the cardholder, please call the EasyCard hotline at 412-8880 (dial 02 before the number if by mobile phone or in Kinmen and Matsu) for the report of the loss and deactivation. The cardholder should bear the loss within three hours after the report is confirmed due to the EasyCard’s non-online real-time transaction. If intending to apply for the reissue of a new card, the cardholder should purchase it the next day after completing the report procedure and file a registration application as per the loss report and reissue rules.
- In the event of any man-made damage to the EasyCard that requires replacement, please call the EasyCard hotline and after receiving a text message from the company, purchase it and file a registration application as per the loss report and reissue rules. However, if the reason is caused by the EasyCard Corporation, the designated retailer or the service provider, it may not request the cardholder to pay the fee for the replacement.
- If the Student ID EasyCard issued from cooperative programs with county/city governments and schools is missing or stolen, the cardholder should contact their school to report the loss. As the EasyCard is not for online real-time transactions, the cardholder must bear the loss within three hours of the confirmation of the loss. After the reporting procedure is completed, if wanting to reapply for a reissue, please file the application with the education bureau or school of the county/city government according to relevant regulations. Taipei City Government Department of Education Digital Student ID Card Online Loss Report System at http://ecardlost.tp.edu.tw.
Loss report and refunds
- The cardholder must pay a handling fee NT$20 for no application for a new card when reporting the card loss and demanding a refund. However, the company will refund the available balance after three hours when the loss is confirmed. If requiring the refund by mail or remittance, the cardholder should pay postage (subject to the postal unit notice) or a remittance charge NT$16.
- If intending to apply for a new card after reporting the loss, the cardholder should purchase it the next day after completing the report procedure and file a registration application as per the loss report and reissue rules, without being charged a NT$50 registration fee. However, if the reason is caused by the EasyCard Corporation, the designated retailer or the service provider, it may not request the cardholder to pay the replacement fee.
Loss report and reissues
Online applications (please reapply after purchasing the card the next day following the competition of the loss report procedure)
1.Name registration website
|Step 1||Purchase a Student card, with a ride discount for 20 days starting the first transaction on the Taipei-New Taipei City-Keelung City bus systems|
|Step 2||File a registration application within five days|
|Step 3||Audit registration data|
|Step 4||Notify the approval results|
|Step 5||The cardholder should go to a designated place to set a student discount validity period, with the discount period until October 31 of the graduation year|
Applications on site (Please prepare photocopies of your personal ID card and relevant documents required for application)
|Step 1||Purchase a Student card and call for a written application form|
|Step 2||Fill in the application form and send it by registered mail|
|Step 3||Complete the registration procedure and notify the cardholder via SMS to go to a designated place to set a student discount validity period|
Nankang Software Park Phase II Building G, 6F., No.3-1, Yuanqu St., Nangang Dist., Taipei City
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; closed on Saturday, Sunday, and national holidays
Applications via communications
|Step 1||Purchase a Student card|
|Step 2||Fill in the application form and provide photocopies of relevant documents.|
|Step 3||Submit application materials|
|Step 4||Complete the registration procedure and notify the cardholder via SMS to go to a designated place to set a student discount validity period|
After obtaining a written application form and purchasing the card, please fill in the form with personal data (including the card number) before sending it back by registered mail.
Please call the EasyCard Corporation hotline for a written application form at 412-8880 (dial 02 before the number if by mobile phone or in Kinmen and Matsu)
Mail address: EasyCard Corporation Customer Service Center, 6F., No.3-1, Yuanqu St., Nangang Dist., Taipei City
- The Student card purchaser should present a student ID document for verification. Other eligible applicants and relevant regulations should be subject to the announcement of the competent authorities and related companies.
- Users should pay attention to the balance displayed on the screen. If insufficient, please refill the card first before use.
- The Student Card is guaranteed against failure for a year starting the date of purchase. Please top up the card prior to use. During the warranty period, if the card itself has defects or faults, it can be returned and exchanged for free.
- If the holder does not register the Student card that can be registered, the card is considered an unregistered EasyCard. If the card is missing or stolen, the balance is regarded as lost. No compensation or report of the loss and stop payment will be provided. Customers should keep and use the card properly.